Thursday, November 6, 2008

Easy Like A Sunday Morning

10/26/2008

Calamity is still moving quite slow and we are all ok with that. Today she gets her pretty pink "pull over" off and her patch can come off too. We'll do that at some point when she is up, no need to get her up just for that reason.

She is staying in the crate I have set up in the living room/kitchen area where she can be with all of us. We have the door fixed open and I have it well padded with extra crate pads a quilt & a fleece spread. I looks comfy.

We keep everything calm & quiet here so she can rest & heal. Even the others sense this.

Mid-afternoon we remove the bandages and take a few photos of her incision. Her seroma hangs from her chest like a little boobie. If I had to guess, there is probably a 1/2 cup of fluid in it. The redness & bruising seems not as bad as I thought it would be.

In the evening we remove the patch and wash her rear leg of whatever medication might remain and the adhesive.

She cries out in pain every now & then & my heart breaks for her. She sure doesn't deserve all the stuff that has happened to her the past year, that's for sure.

No comments: