Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bad Day

10/27/2008

Calamity has just not had a good day today. Not sure if she is experiencing the "phantom pain" or what, but she will rear up on her hind legs, contort her body and shriek in pain. These episodes only last a few seconds, but they are very scary. You can tell the pain is almost more than she can bare.

She has tramadol on board and did so good with that yesterday. She’s taken tramadol before, so I do not think it is that. Lot's think the tramadol will mess with their minds. I take tramadol & don't find that with my experience. Everyone's different though, I know this.

When I take her out, she does not want to go in the yard, but stands at the gate like we are going somewhere. I thought maybe she needed to just "get away", so we walked to the end of the driveway to get the mail. She did not want to come back in the house. Not sure what that is all about.

She is eating good and peeing & pooping good.

We just seem to be on the uphill part of this roller coaster.

After Old Fart goes to work, I blocked the young ones & Trigger off from the living room & she is resting now with only her brother in the room with her & myself. I tried placing a bag of frozen corn at her chest area to see if that will help.

I lay down beside her & rub her head. She loves to have her head rubbed! Imagine this, she hates her belly rubbed! Don't touch this girl's belly. Occasionally, Old Fart can rest his hand there, not often & he is the only one who can.

We’ll just hang in here & know that tomorrow will be a better day.

Here are some photos we have taken of her: http://www.flickr.com/photos/grumbling-old-fart/sets/72157608426508993

No comments: