Friday, October 31, 2008

What To Give Thanks For?

11/21/2007

I visited with Calamity twice today, the first visit was terrible & left me very upset. She was so "stoned" that she didn't know who I was. She was like a spook, looking for somewhere to dart to to get away from me. She was very dry & her tummy was gurgling very badly. They were trying to get her to eat something so they could give her oral antibiotics. She did not want to eat.

The evening visit was much better. She had come down from the dose of morphene (that had been give at 9AM) and knew who I was as soon as I walked in. She wanted me to take her home.

My best friend (who is also a vet), Shelley stopped on her way to the track and became her advocate, healthwise. Thank God Calamity has her Auntie Shelley looking out for her! Shelley took over & noticed that she needed her bowls elevated. As soon as that was accomplished, Calamity drank almost her whole pan of water! She acted like she wanted to eat but maybe her tummy was sick from the oral antibiotic, Shelley made 2 suggestions to the vet on duty, either place her catheter and give an injectable one or put something to calm her tummy on board so she will feel good enough to eat. An order for reglan was issued. Thank God for Shelley!!!

We took her out to go potty & she dropped & went as almost as soon as she hit the grass.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: